Sunday, October 26, 2008

VWAV Pumpkin Muffins


I've made these muffins a bunch of times, but now that I think about it I don't think I've ever baked them as "muffins" before - I tried them more than once in cake pans for lack of muffin tins. Anyway, since moving I have the opposite problem, a muffin tin without cake pans. But I digress. These muffins are totally delicious, and they were my gateway into pumpkin love.

Even though the pumpkin we bought was tiny, it was still enough to make both the breaded baked ziti recipe from Veganomicon and these muffins. Pumpkins are generous like that.

**

In food reading news, I started reading a new book yesterday, "Plenty: One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally." Co-authored by a young couple living in Canada, it's their memoir of a year spent eating only food coming from an 100-mile radius (160 km). It makes for good reading too; I'm already half-way through.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can eat plain pumpkin/squash by the bucketful. thanks for the muffin review, they look yummy!

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.