Friday, October 17, 2008

Kale with Fried Rice and Cashews

So, today was my first kale cooking endeavor. Lots of firsts this week. I did a combination of the garlicky kale recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance and a recipe for Chinese cashew fried rice I found at the Vegetarian About page.

So I sauteed the garlic for a few minutes, added the rice, threw in chopped kale for a few minutes, and in the last minute added mashed silken tofu, a small bit of leftover cabbage I had, and a handful of chopped cashews. I added soy sauce, lemon juice and a pinch of salt for flavoring.

Turned out pretty well. The soy sauce and lemon juice are a pretty successful combo.

The salad was a salad (on the left) was a salad mix in our produce box, dressed with balsamic vinegar, which I think makes everything taste good. A very vegan day, all green.

1 comment:

Sheree' said...

Boy this looks good. I need to add kale to the shopping list.

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.