Friday, October 24, 2008

Pizza!


I finally took the second half of the dough that's been sitting in the freezer for ages* and made pizza with it. It was pretty good, but not great, and I couldn't really put my finger on what prevented it from reaching greatness. I think it was something about the tomatoes.

Anyway, this is what I put on it:
tomatoes
cremini mushrooms
vegan mozzarella
vegan sausage
red bell pepper

I definitely want to make some more soon. The picture shows the mr. slicing it with the rotella (pizza cutter, doesn't it sound nice in Italian?). I used the pizza instructions in Vegan with a Vengeance.


* I used the first half to make calzones.

1 comment:

Sheree' said...

It is pizza week and yours looks wonderful!! Love that crust!

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.