Saturday, October 18, 2008

VWAV Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Cookies


So I used the Vegan with a Vengeance recipe for Big Giantoid Crunchy Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Cookies to make these, except I used creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy (I never buy crunchy, but I'm guessing it would've been good here) and added about half a cup of chocolate chips. To up the healthiness quotient, I did my usual subbing of some apple sauce for the oil and went with half white and half whole wheat pastry.

Overall, a very good cookie. I was worried it would turn out too sweet, but as usual with the recipes in this book, it was just right. Plus I really liked the tip to fill 1/3 of a cup with the dough, roll it in your hand, then use the bottom of a (lightly greased) glass to flatten the cookie for nice, even cookies. I wish I knew it back when I used to make cookies for bake sales, but oh well.

I bought a pumpkin the other day and am planning to make the totally delicious pumpkin muffins from Vegan with a Vengeance soon.

2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Mmmmmm they look delicious!
I've not tried that recipe yet but I sure will.

Aida said...

can you fedex me one :)

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.