Thursday, October 09, 2008

Mashed Red Potatoes

A few weeks ago when I was mashing potatoes to make gnocchi (I know I mention this as often as possible, bear with me), it occurred to me how good they looked, and I realized at a later date I would have to mash some potatoes to eat as a final product.

Coming to the end of our CSA box of produce, one of the last things remaining was a bag of freshly-dug red potatoes: it was the perfect day. I left the skin on, chopped & boiled them, mashed them with a little bit of margarine, and added a bit of celery and parsley (the only two things from our produce we haven't managed to finish).

2 comments:

Bethany said...

mashed potatoes are the best with the skins on. yummy.

Jen Treehugger said...

I've never made mashed Potato with the skins on!
WHY! WHY!????

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.