Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sweet Potato Gnocchi Follow-up

Here's the sweet potato gnocchi I made yesterday for dinner, served with the thyme vinaigrette and lemon cashew cream at Vegan Yum Yum. We had it as left-overs today, and it was not bad at all. I think yesterday I was tasting less because I was distracted with having people over. I also made the arugula salad from Veganomicon, with a few substitutions, like quinoa instead of bulgar. Today I made it again with chickpeas instead of white beans. The dressing in it is great, which elevated the salad to fantastic-level. Coming from someone who's not a fan of salads or arugula, that's pretty high praise. For some reason it didn't turn out as well today (too many chickpeas, maybe), but we still ate it up.

No comments:

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.