Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vegan Mo Fo


Just signed up for vegan mo fo - the vegan month of food, starting Wednesday October 1st, so exactly a week to go.

Today's left-overs: I made Vegan Dad's Potato Cauliflower Mash, to use up my cauliflower - exactly as the name suggests, potatoes and cauliflower mashed together. It's pretty close to plain mashed potatoes, but the cauliflower adds a nice crunch to the texture. I left out the sweet potatoes because I didn't have any, but I imagine they'd make it even better. I loved this recipe because it was so easy and used so few ingredients, so give it a shot with your left-over potatoes.

**

In other food news, yesterday I made tomato sauce from scratch! It took a few hours, but it was a good experience. I made great but totally non-adhesive (um, sticking-together-itness) lasagna with it, and that was the end of the sauce (it yielded a huge amount from what would amount to 12 medium-sized tomatoes). The lasagna included vegan sausage, fresh spinach, and button mushrooms.

I had declared this Italian week, and had plans for cooking something new today (especially since I'm planning to check out the farmer's market today), but I think the prevalence of left-overs from yesterday and the day before stop me from doing that in good conscience.

No comments:

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.