Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gnocchi








Vegan Mo Fo begins tomorrow! Oh boy.

Well, things are pretty active on the cooking front: yesterday I made gnocchi from VWAV (Vegan with a Vengeance) and topped it with basil-spinach pesto. The gnocchi turned out really well, and, as expected, took in total, a really long time. I took some photos along the way. I also have a tip for anyone attempting gnocchi: after mixing and rolling out the dough on your counter top, take the time to wipe it down right away, unlike me. I did it today, with a bit of elbow grease.
I even made salad, (salata baladi), with cucumbers, tomatoes, a tiny bit of onion and one grated baby carrot. I dressed it with the works: a pinch each of salt and pepper on top, a dash of vinegar (plain) and olive oil, and a drop of lemon (the kind that comes in a plastic bottle). Not bad.

1. Dough getting rolled out
2 & 3. Getting cut into small bite-size gnocchi pieces
4. Final product
5. Aftermath: extra frozen gnocchi to use later.

Total time: roughly 3 hours, including 45 minutes of baking potatoes in the oven.

No comments:

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.