Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Isa's perfect chocolate-chip cookies


I tried the new cookie recipe Isa posted a few days ago yesterday. I replaced most of the canola oil with apple sauce (I added a tablespoon of oil) and the tapioca flour with cornstarch. They really were good, I think the extra vanilla gives them a really rich flavor. The apple sauce made them really soft though. I used Julie Hanson's tip of using an ice-cream scoop to form the cookies, and it worked great, but it made gigantic cookies.

**
For dinner I had stir-fried left-over radishes (thinly sliced), bok choy, and mustard greens, topped with some grated carrots with peanut sauce and noodles. This was good because the strong flavor of the mustard greens got cushioned by everything else; last time I made them on their own and I couldn't finish them.

**

Even lunch was exciting yesterday: I mixed left over rice and chickpeas with sauteed radishes, added a little vegetable stock, cumin, and raw garlic in an attempt to get rid of my cough. It was good stuff, cumin is my new favorite spice (farewell, oregano. Note: nothing will replace fresh basil).

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I made those cookies too. they were really good.

I have got to try cooking radishes, it sounds so good. just reading about that stir fry makes me really hungry.

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

WOO! Just stumbled across your blog and LOVED LOVED it! And you're from... from... from SEATTLE? Me too! (Well, a little south) SO SO SO excited there's another Seattle area blogger! WOO!!!

yasmin said...

Thanks, Tofu mom! Glad you like it. Yeah, I just moved to Seattle a few months ago. Glad to meet another seattle-based blogger too. Cool.

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.