Sunday, September 24, 2006

Wish I was Special


Drawings: mine, last night. The text on them in marker (in case you don't know) is from the Radiohead song Creep.


*********************


In other news... I think my IQ is dwindling now that I'm out of college. I'm reading a (non-fiction) book, and non-fiction books sometimes make me feel smart - Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the Rise of Raunch Culture, by Ariel Levy. It's cool in that the thesis of the book is complex enough that you don't feel you know everything you want to know about the book by just reading the blurb. It talks about how your everyday woman is turning herself into a sexual commodity with the idea that this is an empowering thing to do. As you can guess, the author thinks otherwise...

Link of the day: A2A. An anti-art reproduction site (doesn't that sound funny? I mean, art prints or photocopies of art) that endorses giving art away for free... by leaving it around randomly for someone to pick up (also referred to sometimes as guerilla art, see keri smith's article about it).

Okay then. Take care all.

No comments:

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.