Monday, August 14, 2006

Joys of Cardboard (links)

Interesting link on a site I like (Supernaturale) about the joys of cardboard. I like design things that re-use waste material... you know, save the earth. Poor victim earth in need of your saving. There, don't you feel special now? So anyway especially cool in this article is this cardboard chair that you use to build into your lawn and have grass grow over... Well go over and check it out so you can see a photo of it and get what I'm trying to explain.

Reading: Poetry by Emily Dickinson. I tried reading Emily's poetry before but didn't really like it, prefering mostly the poets Nikki Giovanni and Kenneth Patchen instead, but I think since I started writing more I was able to connect more with Emily's poetry.

Some things that stay there be,-
Grief, hills, eternity:
Nor this behooveth me.
(excerpt from Some things that fly there be)

and also reading: Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers.

I'm not usually into the self-help thing, but you've got to be open minded, right? Experimental? Anyway I'm about half the way through and it's not bad at all. I'm just worried if I turn into a healthy person I'll be boring. I won't have anything to write and I won't be able to paint. How's that for a fear huh?

No comments:

Occasional art, comics, food, and other things of less interest to the general public.